Sunday, May 25, 2008 | By: Anita

Twenty-Something


We celebrated Krystle's 21st birthday today. It's official.....she's now gone into the realm of twenty-something.

As is our tradition, the birthday girl decided we would have BBQ'd hamburgers, tossed salad and potato chips for the birthday meal. We picked up her birthday cake the day before at the grocery store. Not only did it look awesome, it was very tasty too.

We gave Krystle a Willow Tree Angel - angel of light, a cup with the word believe etched in it & a Marble stonewithwords DREAM word.

It hardly seems possible that my little girl is all grown up. My friend Monica just had her second daughter on May 15, and as I was looking at her today, it seemed like only yesterday I was in the same place.

It's hard not to get nostalgic on a day like today. As I reflect on her life, I'm amazed at the beautiful young woman she's become. I'm honoured to have her call me mom. We've become such good friends too, I am so thankful for that. And I could go on...........but I'm afraid I'll start to cry.

We had such a wonderful day together and with the weather getting warmer it was so nice to be able to spend at least part of the day outside.

Blessings

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is me with no sleep :S :D :S

Anonymous said...

OH MY!!!!
Hard to beleive your girls is 21 ALEADY!!!
Sounds like you had a great day!
She sure has grown into a BEAUTIFUL young woman!!!GOOD JOB MOM!
Her card is in the mail...may get there LATE...
BUT I did think of her on her day!
Bliss

Anonymous said...

wow! i totally look like marcia in the 2nd pic :). I would like to add that I officially blog more than you now :P