Sunday, September 7, 2008 | By: Anita

Vows

On September 6, 1986: Wayne & I celebrated 22 years of marriage. We enjoyed a delicious dinner at a new restaurant called 'Milestones' in London. This was the beautiful sunset to end our day.

Saturday's weather was quite a bit like our wedding day, warm & sunny with a gentle breeze blowing, as we said these vows to each other: "I promise to stay by your side as we walk down the pathway of life together. To always be near you for better or worse, richer or poorer and in sickness and health. To know that you love only me for who I am today, I choose you to be my husband/wife, to laugh with you in joy, to grieve with you in sorrow, to grow with you in love and to be faithful to you alone. I promise to love, honour and obey you from this day forward and as long as we shall both live. I give you this ring as a token of my never-ending unbroken love for you."

Words can be easily spoken, vows should not be. Vows should only be spoken after understanding the depth of importance to what you are committing to.

It's not always been a bed of roses for us,
we've had our share of ups & downs, good times & some tough times.

It takes a commitment on both parties to make any marriage last. I once heard it said that marriage is a 50 - 50 partnership. I disagree, I believe each partner has to give 100%, not worrying what they are getting but what they are giving, only then can we truly serve each other with the love like Christ.

Blessings

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary Mom and Farmer Dad! I know I am a couple days late on this one too. It sure was a beautiful day! The roses are a pretty touch too! I really enjoyed reading this blog entry. Great advice from someone who has been the business for 22 years!

Anonymous said...

Very good advice, not always easy to do but marriage is a commitment on the part of 2 people....
ALWAYS remembering the giving part NOT to get....
Glad you had a nice day out together.
Blessings
Bliss<><