Tuesday, January 5, 2010 | By: Anita

check-up

Each year Pastor Phil gives those who attend Zurich Mennonite Church a 'spiritual check-up'. Taking the 4 statements of the churches mission statement he proceeds to help us look back through 2009 and to look forward to 2010.

1) No one gets left behind...helping us to remember those babies that were born and those who were gathered to the Father;
2) Our Leaders Lead...teaching us to remember to pray for our leaders, to remind us that we are influenced by those around us and that we influence others too;
3) I am a disciple of Jesus and I contribute to His kingdom...to grow into spiritually mature followers who share of our gifts and talents;
4) We exist for the world our Lord came to save...that we are not to be complacent of the goings on in our community but to be the change we want to see in the world.
The questions asked are thought provoking and a one hour church service does give enough time to process all the answers. So I'll be spending a little more time at that.
Meanwhile my physical health had been slowly deteriorating, so much so I finally had had enough. I started to do some research hoping to find the answers, even ended up getting blood work done, but to no avail. The medical profession couldn't or wouldn't (so it seemed to me) find anything wrong with me. I have started seeing a naturopath and after my first visit (two hour), I learned a few things. Some good, some not so good. I'm now on several different combinations of things to get my body back into responding properly. The Dr. told me that for next five weeks I have to give up all dairy products, eggs, all nuts but especially peanuts, oh yeah and sugar. Excuse me - did you say sugar? yep he did! Talk about a complete dietary change. oh well, I guess there are two good things that will come out of this 1) I will start to feel better and 2) I'll likely lose weight. !hoorah!

Blessings

1 comments:

Becky said...

so glad you were able to get some answers...will be praying for you as you give up so much in your diet. hope you can feel better soon
Blessings,
Bliss