Friday, October 14, 2011 | By: Anita

Celebrating Me

Today Wayne & I celebrated my birthday by going out to a local Chinese restaurant (I was super hungry for Chinese) and then stopped at the local bakery to purchase a carrot cake. Since I think it is totally unfair to have to make my own birthday cake. With all the kids away it was a quieter celebration, but one I enjoyed none the less. My best friend Deb made me these and I absolutely love them!

As I was thinking about this post, I thought I wanted to write or say something profound. It seems at milestones such as a birthday, one would or should take time to reflect on ones life. But as each day approached closer to my birthday, I found that I was at a loss for what I should say. So I'll let Tim McGraw say it in his song:
"My Next Thirty Years"
I think I’ll take a moment, celebrate my age
The ending of an era and the turning of a page
Now it’s time to focus in on where I go from here
Lord have mercy on my next thirty years


I like the way he says it.

Blessings

2 comments:

krystle ann-marie said...

:) I love that we have the same "Home" blocks. Like mother, like daughter, huh?!? It sounds like you had a lovely celebration. I'm sorry we couldn't hang out.

Becky said...

Sounds like it was a Wonderful birthday celebration!!! so glad you took the time to celebrate and reflect on another year

Blessings to you
Bliss