Friday, April 27, 2012 | By: Anita

Saying Farewell

So long, farewell, auf wiedersehen, good-bye. It's never easy to say good-bye.
In fact sometimes it can be down right hard heart-breaking. None-the-less, all through our lives we, at one time or another, have had to say these words.

Today was one such day for me. It was my last day at the office. And while I loved my job and the people I worked with, it was time to move on. Not that I really have anything else in mind. It was the right decision to make. The staff surprised me with a farewell party, complete with cake donuts, fresh fruit and of course a wonderful gift.

Alexander Graham Bell quoted, "When one door closes another door opens; but we so often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door, that we do not see the ones which open for us." I want to be careful not to do just that. Sit around with regret. Sure it'll be hard come Monday morning, to not get ready for the office, and it'll be quite different to sit around in comfy clothes rather than the usual business casual that I wear to the office. But I hoping that I'll have some time to pursue some of those ideas that I've had floating around my brain for some time.

I have about a billion ideas every day. Most of them have to be discarded because, really, I’m just one woman.. . . Some ideas turn into hobbies, things that I enjoy in the downtime of life and I really enjoy them. But, there are few things that truly are dreams. I hadn’t even noticed the threads of my dreams being braided together into a beautiful strand until recently. For the past few years, God has been nudging my heart and my voice to recognize a distinct need. That need can be filled with my unique perspective, I know that. But, it’s scary. How big? How soon? How much do I take on? When? For how long? These are all questions that feel weighty and heavy in their burden.

When it’s a dream, it feels important not to screw it up. But, paralysis via perfectionism just won’t do. Not this time. So, what then? What to do when your dream scares you? When it seems bigger than you, when it seems bigger than your talents, when it is certainly beyond your resources? I guess you pray. You talk. You continue to dream. You let those strands turn into a braid, and you let that braid grow longer and stronger and more sure. You wait and grow more sure

Close your eyes for a moment...

Think of the wildest dream.

The biggest hope.

The more you long for.

And then open your heart to this... "Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory. Ephesians 3:20-21

You can't out-dream, out-hope, out-do God. And how does it happen? Through his power within us. Within you. We want God to hand us what we want. He says instead, "Take my hand and watch what we can do together."

It may not be what we have in mind. But it's guaranteed to blow our minds.

Blessings

1 comments:

Becky said...

Good things come to those that wait...don't just jump into anything..make sure it is right for you...

take the time and just enjoy some you time..and don't think of it as being selfish JUST ENJOY!!!

Bliss