Tuesday, May 15, 2012 | By: Anita

Good Intentions

Normally I love 'doing' the books. I get excited balancing to the exact penny, even though the accountant says I don't need to 
So it is with good intentions that I sit at the computer trying to get the books started.  Yes, started.  I realize that we are already almost halfway into the 2012 year, and yes I know that I have yet again fallen behind.  Why then, when I should be doing bookwork I am totally distracted by blogging, facebook, googling and anything else I can do to prevent me from starting.

I used to think of myself as a fairly organized person but these days for every step forward I've taken, it seems I end up taking two back. I'm not going to get very far ahead that way, am I? With the endless cycle of lawn to mow, flowerbeds to maintain, garden to weed, oh yeah and add in house to clean, laundry to wash, meals to be cooked, errands to run, how does one ever stay ahead? And I don't even have a full-time job.  >.<

So, how does one manage it all?

Those of us with perfectionist tendencies struggle with 'perfection is the enemy of happiness'. Slowly I am learning that 'we're not perfect and you know what? we don't have to be'.

For those of you who do not struggle with perfectionism, you probably cannot empathize with me, but for those of you who check off one of these:
1. I'm constantly aware of what I eat.
2. I think less of myself when my home is cluttered.
3. My fear of doing a project poorly sometimes prevents me from getting started.
4. I find it difficult to forgive people who have wronged me.
5. I feel guilty taking time away from my children to do something special for me.
6. I find it hard to make big decisions.

probably understand how I feel.


I have a Type A personality, which Wikipedia describes as "Type A individuals can be described as impatient, excessively time-conscious, insecure about their status, highly competitive, over-ambitious, business-like, hostile, aggressive, incapable of relaxation in taking the smallest issues too seriously; and are somewhat disliked for the way that they're always rushing and demanding other people to serve to their standards of satisfaction.[1] They are often high and over-achieving workaholics who multi-task, drive themselves with deadlines, and are unhappy about the smallest of delays. Because of these characteristics, Type A individuals are often described as "stress junkies."

YIKES, that was a little harsh, and unfortunately true!


well, that's enough procrastinating, I better get to the books ... . .. mhmm maybe I should go and get the mail. {smirk}

Blessings

1 comments:

krystle ann-marie said...

I like the piggy bank picture. It makes me happy. :)I think I might be a Type A personality too :S