Monday, June 11, 2012 | By: Anita

My Vice

The local library is probably one of my favourite hangouts. I could and do spend countless hours there.  Looking at books, finding new authors and trying to decide which books to borrow.

One of my favourite websites is the Huron County Library.  It's a place where I can peruse the new books by my favourite authors, find out about new authors and with a membership I can reserve those books that catch my attention.

I've found many new authors whom I love to read: James Patterson, Julia Widdows, Nora Roberts, Sandra Brown, Michael Connolly, Emil Giffen, Kristin Hannah, David Baldacci, Jodi Piccoult, Lisa Gardiner, Nicholas Sparks to name only a few. On days like today I find myself sitting on the gazebo, with an iced tea ~ reading. I know I should probably be cleaning, or doing laundry, starting the bookwork, even working in the garden.  But no, I find myself lost in another world with reading. I find that I get totally absorbed with the storyline, falling in love with the characters and all their quirks.  In fact at the end of one such book, I was in tears when the main character died.

Usually I'll have two or three, sometimes even four books on the go, quite often in different genres since my mood usually determines what I want to read. I read alot of mystery fiction, but I try to toss in a few biographies, some non-fiction and even some self help books.

Currently I'm reading '5'th Horseman' by James Patterson {it`s book 5 in the Women's Murder Club series},  'Self Incrimination' by Randy Singer, and my non-fiction read is 'Fearless' by Max Lucado. Don't worry though, I am quite adept at keeping the story lines separate. In fact, I've amazed a few of my friends at my ability to remember and recount books that I've read over the years.

Sometimes I feel like Belle in Disney's Beauty in the Beast movie where she goes to the bookstore looking for a new book and when there is nothing new she borrows her favourite ~ AGAIN.
I have several books in my own home library that I love to read again and again. 

There are times I must admit that I judge a book by it's cover or title. Sometimes I'm lucky and the book is phenomenal, other times I start reading only to be disappointed and end up not finishing the novel. I've learned that there are too many good books to waste my time reading bad books. I don't give up however, I continue to visit the library weekly, search authors websites and continue to borrow many books.

What are you reading these days?

Blessings

1 comments:

Becky said...

I am so counting down the days when I can be sitting on my lawn chair to sip ice tea and READ!!!!
Thanks for all the new authors to look into I think I am ready for some new material...

13 more days to go....

Bliss