Monday, October 15, 2012 | By: Anita

Blessed

With the family home yesterday to celebrate my birthday
everything felt just right!

It's hard to articulate how I was overwhelmed with emotions.  With each of the 'kids' living out on their own, I hadn't realized how much I love it when they are all able to come home at the same time.

We enjoyed a super yum dinner of Roast Turkey, Dressing, Gravy, Roasted Potatoes with Bacon & Cheese, Baked Scalloped Cauliflower, Broccoli & Carrots, Butternut Squash Puff, Green Beans with Sauteed Onions, Coleslaw & Raspberry Jell-O.  oh and for dessert, who could forget the Pumpkin Praline Cheesecake with caramelized pecans on top! thank you - Kryssi!  We spent the rest of the day laughing, chatting, laughing, playing games, laughing, snacking, laughing. hottubbing and did I mentioned we laughed, oh how we laughed!

Then I read this, and I sat at the computer with tears welling up in my eyes.

What did I do to deserve such a wonderful family?
Thank you Gerard, Krystle, {Bentley}, Wayne, {Sasha}, Darcy, Kyle & Teya - it was such a blessing to have each of here to celebrate with me.

Blessings

3 comments:

krystle ann-marie said...

It's always a blessing to be with family! Love you Mom!

Becky said...

Sound like it was a GREAT celebration for your birthday...
what a BEAUTIFUL family shot as well

Blessings to you
Bliss

Anneliese said...

Happy Belated Birthday! It's so good to know you are loved.