Thursday, January 31, 2013 | By: Anita

The Challenge

After reading this - I decided that I too wanted to accept the 50 book Challenge. I’ve always loved reading.  And just like my daughter I have a wide range of genres I like to peruse from Fiction, Non-Fiction, Christian Fiction, Self-Help, Biography, Historical Fiction, yah, I know it’s mostly fiction.. .. .. After resigning from my job in April I found that without going into the office on a regular occasion it led me to not getting to the library as often as I’d like and therefore not having any books to read. Somewhere from them until the end of the 2012 year I seemed to have lost my passion for reading. So this challenge is exactly what I needed to get me back at it.

Before we left for our holidays, I had downloaded several books to my kobo and also went to the second hand store and bought several books.  I knew that I wanted to read while sitting by the pool and soaking up the sun.

To be honest I had a hard time getting back into reading ~ the first few books I really had to focus on what I was reading and to concentrate on the storyline or I found myself getting confused.

Thankfully, I persevered and ended up reading:
#1 Triplets - Molley Gregorie
#2 Acts of Malice - Perri O’Shaughnessy
#3 Secrets - Danielle Steel
#4 Extreme Measures - Michael Palmer
#5 Angles Flight - Michael Connolly

With my love for reading returning, I quickly headed out to the library to pick up some more books since we returned home. I hadn’t realized how much I loved or had missed reading.

Now I’m onto this novel #6 Low Pressure - Sandra Brown, and have Linda Howards' novel 'Up Close and Dangerous' waiting to be the 7th book . If I keep at this pace I’ll be sure to finish this challenge well before the year is up.

Thanks Krystle for this challenge - I most definitely accept!

How about you? What are you reading these days?

Blessings

0 comments: