Wednesday, March 13, 2013 | By: Anita

T.A.T.T

a.k.a. ~  tired all the time.

I am tired.. .. . ...

but you know? It’s more than that ~ I am tired of being tired. There seems to be a downward spiral happening. The more I am tired, the less I seem to sleep. My tiredness itself is not an illness, but is rather a symptom of my condition ~ and while I know that in my head, there are days when my limitations are difficult to digest.

It’s tough being tired all day. I’ve had days like this, when I’m struggling through the day and don’t have the energy to tackle anything that matters.  When you’re tired, not much seems appealing. Life is dulled, and you don’t get much accomplished. Worst, you don’t have the energy to change the situation.

To be honest, the last few years have been like this.

We have, however, gotten good at ignoring our body’s signals ~ much of our lives is training our minds to pretend our bodies aren’t tired, so we can be more productive.

Here are a few tips I've found to be helpful:

Rest
Rest is the most obvious solution to coping with fatigue. When the body signals that it has reached a physical limit, a short nap or sleep period is the needed response. By responding with a rest period you give the body a chance to regain control.

Planning Ahead

Planning ahead, scheduling activities, and pacing yourself can help minimize the intrusion of fatigue. Limiting the number of strenuous activities, allowing interspersed rest periods, and remaining flexible can favor preserving energy.

Prioritize

Prioritizing activities helps curtail fatigue. Important activities should be done first before energy becomes depleted and less significant activities can be delayed if needed.

Organize

Whenever possible reorganize to make things more convenient. Keeping things within reach or nearby can be energy saving mechanisms.

The key response to fatigue must be energy preservation.

And then I remind myself of this:

“Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.” ~ Theodore Roosevelt

What a great quote!

Blessings


1 comments:

krystle ann-marie said...

I find knowing your boundaries and limits is helpful too. Someone keeps telling me about this little word, "no." It helps me to rest!