Tuesday, September 10, 2013 | By: Anita

Overwhelmed

Ever feel so overwhelmed, that depression creeps in and pitches a tent and plans to stay?

Yeah, me too.


I tend to have a difficult time when life is so overwhelming {like now} and I know there is nothing I can do to change it. I love my life, my family and I wouldn’t trade them for anything. But the fact that I have several health issues causes moments of sheer panic and that these will not likely change anytime soon.

To say I've been overwhelmed is an understatement.

I've felt bitter that I can't do the things and complete the projects I'd like to.
I've felt sad that I can't be everything to everybody.
Even though I know I can't possibly be and am not created to be.

I've sat staring out the window, because I have no idea what to do with myself sometimes.
I've felt upset that I'm so worn out that I can't even stay up and enjoy myself.
Even though rest is what I really need.

There are days when I don't feel like I'm truly okay...life is spinning fast and there are things to do, places to be, friends to see, and on and on the list goes.

I feel like I'm not enough.

And yet ...

This is what He has for me.

I have faith that He will see me through by His strength. I still stink at having a good attitude sometimes. But, to the best of my ability, I will rely on Him. And this I'm going to do. For Him.
 Colossians 3:17 {New International Version {NIV}}
“And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.”

Blessings

0 comments: