Thursday, November 14, 2013 | By: Anita

So I smile...

I have very strong Type “A” tendencies ~ make to-do lists, needs to be sheduled and organized, likes to be on time, and I tend not to be very spontaneous. I like knowing what I’m doing tomorrow, next week, the following month even perhaps into the new year… I like my world quite structured.

So when our son Kyle called on Sunday wanting to come home for the week for some holidays {he doesn’t start his new job until next week}, we changed our plans and made the drive to Orillia.

It easy for me to get caught up in my plans, my wants, my way of doing things that sometimes I end up missing opportunities for developing relationships.  I need to remind myself over and over again that relationships are more important than any to-do list.

Time together is what matters most. {photo from Krystle's blog}

Whether we're playing games, sitting in the hot tub, having dinner, or just hanging out ~ I treasure these moments we have.

With everyone out on their own, these times together are few and far between... and rather than worry about what needs to be done, or that the house is in complete chaos, I’ll sit and enjoy each and every opportunity we get.

 
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ~ Dr Seuss
 
Blessings



0 comments: