Saturday, January 18, 2014 | By: Anita

Beautiful Thing ~ week # 3

The other day, I was in town running errands, going in an out of many different stores. As I was leaving Tim Horton’s, 
I was pleasantly surprised to have the door held open for me.

Friends, chivalry is not dead!

Now I am sure there are some women who would be offended at having the door held for them because they think it implies that we are inferior ~ or that we are too weak to open doors for ourselves…and then there are those men who think you shouldn’t do things like open doors for women because if women want to be fully independent and equal these days, then they need to give up being treated with any special consideration.


Personally, I think it’s an act of common courtesy. I don’t think I will ever get tired of this timeless gesture of gallantry. It made me feel special… and I always smile and say, “Thank you!”

What was your beautiful thing this week?
 
Blessings

0 comments: