Friday, January 31, 2014 | By: Anita

facebook free

facebook has been a wonderful for me way to stay connected to my family when we are apart. it’s like having a tiny window into their world. but i found myself checking facebook more often than i really needed to.

it has become a time waster and a huge distraction. i noticed that i was starting to find significance and purpose in the number of “friends” that i had. it became my emotional support during the bad days. it fueled my people pleasing nature in an extremely unhealthy way. and i would spend way too much of my day on facebook, maybe i’ve even become addicted. i think facebook was slowly sucking my life away.

so starting tomorrow, i’m doing a month-long facebook fast. i did it in february of 2012 and i’m doing it again.
i plan to spend the next 28 days without logging in ~ no matter how many times facebook “gently’ reminds me of all the updates i have missed.

my hope is that every time i feel like checking in, i’ll take that time to pray, and start developing a better habit. and i also plan to spend the extra time i gain with my friends and family, watching movies, taking walks, writing blog posts, reading books, baking, volunteering or sleeping.

you’ve got to make time in your life for what’s important, and really face book just isn’t one of them.

join me if you’re up for it!

see you on fb in march… maybe!

blessings

0 comments: