Saturday, February 15, 2014 | By: Anita

Beautiful Thing ~ week # 7

 
My father-in-law passed away this week. It’s been an emotionally draining week. {kinda glad I already had the previous two posts loaded in the que, ready to go, as it’s been a difficult week to process my thoughts} Those who have done this before can understand how difficult this week has been. It’s unbelievable to think that grieving can take that much out of you.  

 This is not the first funeral my kids have attended, it is however is the first grandparent that they have lost and my heart aches for them as they grieve this loss. My daughter said it very well on her blog “Dealing with death isn't easy. It's a little easier if you know that life that isn't meant to be forever. God promises us so much more, something that is much better: eternal life.”

As the family gathered together at the funeral home to make the arrangements, at the church to put the service together and then again today to write a family tribute remembrance to be read at the funeral, I found that spending the time together was very therapeutic.

It’s at times like this when one is thankful to have family…

“Carry each other’s burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ.” 
Galatians 6:2 {New International Version {NIV}}
 
What was your beautiful thing this week?

Blessings

2 comments:

krystle ann-marie said...

Spending time with the youth this weekend. It was spiritually refreshing as well as a bonding time. I have had so many emotional highs and lows this weekend that I too, am exhausted. Looking forward to a quieter week.

Anneliese said...

It truly is a gift to have family especially during times of loss. May the love of God and the hope you have in Him be your comfort.