Sunday, September 7, 2014 | By: Anita

Anniversary

Yesterday marked 28 years for us.
When I got married I could have never foreseen the hills and valleys of the next nearly three decades of living and breathing daily life with someone. In fact, I could have never even foreseen being almost fifty {gasp!} and living the life that I have.

“They” say that two middle-born children do not make good partners for each other, that they have too much of the same characteristics. Spending the last 28 years together weve sure said a lot of things to each other, some nice, and some, well not so nice. We’ve certainly have had our quota of disagreements, arguments and differs in opinions.  We’ve gone through times of better or worse, richer or poorer, sickness and health and have definitely had our share of changes.

God likely enjoyed Himself when he matched the two of us, opposites in so many ways, except that we’re both strong-willed and opinionated. I’d say we’re lovers and fighters. 
It’s been just the two of us for the past few years now. And I'd to like to think we’ve settled into this new lifestyle. One with its share of ups and downs, good times and bad times, and one I wouldn’t change for the world.

For us, we’ve raised three amazing kids, each who have moved out on their own ~ one of whom is happily married.  And when I look at our amazing children I have no doubt that he was and is The One.

Because when we said “I do” it meant that we will for the end of all time stay faithful and true ~ not until we no longer feel like being together or no longer “love” each other. 

Blessings

2 comments:

Debra said...

Not always easy and some days downright frustrating but always worth it. Hope you had a wonderful day!

Anneliese said...

Happy anniversary! Well put, my friend!