Saturday, October 18, 2014 | By: Anita

Beautiful Thing ~ week # 42

On Monday we had our family home to the farm for Thanksgiving dinner… And you know what? I’m really starting to love the tradition of family home for holidays. The house is fuller and is so much more lively when the kids are here… to be honest I had at first debated whether or not to even have Thanksgiving dinner. I wasn’t so sure I wanted to celebrate knowing that our son Kyle {who lives in Orillia} was unable to attend… but I reminded myself that even though he is not able to come, it isn’t fair to the other two who can make it.

As the day approached, I found myself getting super excited to have my family here. That morning, I found myself waking up early, in a bit of a tizzy to start my day. Krystle and Gerard arrived here by mid-day. We played several games and enjoyed the scrumptious appy’s that she brought. Darcy and his roommate arrived later in the afternoon and shortly after that we found ourselves sitting down to a delicious dinner of roast turkey, gravy, scalloped potatoes, mashed potatoes {had received a text earlier in the week requesting both from the boys} stuffing, green beans with sautéed onions, carrots, peas, coleslaw, and bread. And of course no Thanksgiving dinner is complete without Pumpkin Pie, Apple Pie and Krystle brought a Nutella Pumpkin Pie.    Mhmm, mhmm, so good!

Tuesday, was the Anniversary of my 29th birthday.
Having just had the family home the day before and with the Farmer super busy this time of year, the day came and went without much fanfare.  But Krystle wouldn’t let my special day pass by without some sort of celebration. So on Thursday we found ourselves heading off to Beertown for drinks & dinner.

With the Thanksgiving holiday on Monday and my birthday on Tuesday, it was simply a beautiful week! 

What was your beautiful thing this week?

Blessings

1 comments:

krystle ann-marie said...

Happy 29th Birthday from your 110 lb friend! ;)