Sunday, May 31, 2015 | By: Anita

Saying Hello

At the beginning of January the hubs started a new job - one we had hoped for, but didn’t expect to happen quite so soon.

Which meant we would be moving…

Finding a place around here proved to be a little overwhelming. We were surprised to find oodles of properties to choose from ~ but sometimes too many choices isn’t easier.  It was quite an adventure to find our place.

We looked at a number of places…in fact we exhausted the real estate listings for our area and after looking at all the different floor plans and locations of said properties and all the details made me dizzy and stressed me out like crazy! And then I realized that since God brought us to this job and we know He did, because we could clearly see His hand through it all, then we need not worry about finding our new home.

And you know what?

That’s exactly what he did.  He found us the most perfect home… one where our family will still feel welcome and one that we can call home when it’s just the two of us….
{photo from google earth}
Over the past several weeks, I’ve packed up our house of almost 30 years of stuff and memories and I found myself questioning all the things that I had in closets, cupboards and drawers. As I went through each room, I started with the easy stuff like duplicates, things we didn’t use or enjoy and the stuff that had no purpose.  We boxed it up and labelled it for a sweet yard sale.

But as I made my way through the rest of the house some items were harder to decide what do with.  My heart strings are strong.  How does one rid oneself of the clutter you’ve come to care about? My daughter, bless her heart ~ simply asked “Mom, what are you keeping this for?”  And as I started to defend “my reason” I realized that if I couldn’t come up with a valid one I simply had to let it go! But there were some things I just wasn’t ready to part with and you know what - that’s ok too! There aren't any rules to getting rid of stuff.

We got the keys to the house on Friday and our family and friends helped us move on Saturday.  Which means this week ~ I’ll be  busy unpacking. Don’t worry though, being the Type “A” person that I am, I already have several posts in the queue ready to go...

Take Care

4 comments:

krystle ann-marie said...

Yay! Welcome to your new home! Among all the busyness of the move we forgot to take a picture of you guys in front of it! Maybe this week!?

Debra said...

You know me. I love a good move and I'm long overdue.lol Glad you're liking your new diggs.

krystle ann-marie said...

Also! Inside pictures!

Anneliese said...

Happy for you it's all done. What a big job to sort and narrow things down like that, but now it probably feels like the load has been lightened and you can settle in with less "stuff."