Thursday, March 21, 2013 | By: Anita

The 50 book Challenge

I’ve always loved reading.. .. Even as a young child I have the fondest memory of sitting in my Grandma’s living room reading Uncle Arthur’s Bedtime Stories. 
I’ve long since graduated to many different authors writing many different genres of books with fiction being my favourite. I can and do end up spending several hours engrossed with a good book, in fact I can get so absorbed with the stories that I totally can lose track of the time. Reading is probably my very most favourite pastime!

So when Krystle posted thisI knew this was one opportuity I could not pass up. Not only does this challenge combine my love for reading but it also includes me hanging out at my favourite place ~ the Library! I love searching for new authors and get excited when my favourite author has written a new book ~ quite often I end up spending several hours there.

Here’s a list of what I’ve read since I’ve accepted the challenge:
#1 Triplets - Molly Gregorie
#2 Acts of Malice - Perri O shaunessy
#3 Secrets - Danielle Steel
#4 Extreme Measures - Michael Palmer
#5 Angles Flight - Michael Connolly
#6 Accident - Danielle Steel
#6 Low Pressure - Sandra Brown
#7 Up Close and Dangerous- Linda Howard
#8 The Trophy Wives - Kristin Billerbeck
#9 The Drop - Michael Connolly
#10 Shiver - Karen Robards
#11 Eyes Wide Open - Andrew Gross
#12 Full Disclosure - Dee Henderson
#13 419 - Will Fergussen
#13 These Things Hidden - Heather Gudenkauf
#14 Broken Harbour - Tana French
#15 Lying with Strangers - James Grippando
#15 Double Blind - Brandilyn Collins
#16 In the Woods - Tana French
#16 The Truth about Dandelions - Hayley Linfield
#17 Faithful Place - Tana French
#17 Inside - Alex Ohlin
#17 The Lawyer's Lawyer  - James Sheehan

#18 Last to Die - Tess Gerritson

I’m almost halfway through this challenge and it’s not even June yet! I am sure you’ve noticed that most of my books are fiction, {which according to Wikipedia is ~ Fiction: the form of any work that deals, in part or in whole, with information or events that are not factual, but rather, imaginary and theoretical ~ that is, invented by the author.} um, ok, I guess they are all fiction ~ but there is just something about that genre that just pulls me in. Whether it’s taking me to far away places, an opportunity to live vicariously through the characters, or helping me decipher with the detectives in the most recent whodunit! It gives me a window in to another world!
It’s probably true that you can’t judge a book by its cover, but if the cover can’t grab me, I doubt the story will… I’ve also learned that through all my years of reading that there are too many good books out there to waste time reading a bad book. .. .. so if my most recent book from the library doesn’t quite entice me to continue reading it, I simply return it for the next one on my list.

“Read the best books first, or you may not have a chance to read them at all." - Henry David Thoreau.

Blessings

1 comments:

Becky said...

What a wonderful memeory of reading thos Uncle Arthur books. I am sure those reading times spent with Grandma helped instill a love for reading for us

Bliss