Thursday, January 23, 2014 | By: Anita

Distracted?!?

I can and do spend an inordinate amount of time on line from reading the countless blogs I follow and then bunny trail to those who comment and read their blogs, face book follow-ups, recipe blogs for new menu ideas, e-mails and this is without even starting an addiction to Pinterest. And before I know it, I’ve wasted the whole morning…

As an introvert I tend to retreat a lot. Withdraw into myself. Hide behind a book, my kobo or other indulgences to just be alone and get some me time. The beginning of the month found us in the middle of a winter storm  offering me a few wonderful days of being “storm-stayed” at home giving me ample time to just sit and think…. but sometimes, thinking can get me into trouble.

Often it goes into overdrive and turns into fixating. And I end up spending {or should I say “wasting”?} a lot of time thinking on things that don’t matter, things that keep me worried and distracted.

One of the things I find hardest about trying to keep connected to God is that I easily get distracted. I end up spending more time checking Facebook, tidying the house, going for walks, blogging, talking on the phone with my girl, reading and I realize that amongst all the “busyness”, I have hardly given God a second thought.

And you know, it’s easy to miss things when we’re distracted.

How is it possible to be more God-focused?

I don't have to try hard to be distracted and discouraged in the mundane of my daily life. It doesn't take much for me to forget what my life is truly about, and WHO it is I live for.

Connecting with God means being intentional with my time.
I know this is an area I really need to work on and I pray that God continues to draw me nearer to Him as I walk in faith day by day.

Maybe you can relate?

Blessings

0 comments: