Saturday, December 6, 2014 | By: Anita

Beautiful Thing ~ week # 49

Good friendship begins when you least expect it. I’ve written about my struggles with finding friends here, here, here and here.

True friends are a gift from God. They love us, laugh with us, comfort us and encourage us and in September of 2013, the value of friendship came to fruition when I gathered up the courage to walk over, say hello to Heather and invite her to tea. 

Most of us aren’t looking for just any friend. We are looking that special person with whom we can pour out our hearts. A safe place where confidences are held carefully. Friendship is unconditional loyalty and love. A bond of steadfastness and acceptance that allows us to be who we are, fully, without fear that love will be withdrawn.

And we shared that. Totally. 100%. Instantly.

However, by the following June, I found myself struggling again when God called them elsewhereI knew there would be a purpose in it, and looking back I can totally see God’s hand involved in all that has happened since they moved away and have since returned to the area.

We met for tea this week and we instantly re-connected as if she never left. I am so excited to renew our friendship.
What was your beautiful thing this week?

Blessings

0 comments: